Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Thanks to the Lost



Thanks to the Lost

to you, Lost
to time and distance
thank you, for
the memories of shared smiles
even though
they fade and are forgotten
You shaped me
Thank You

to you, Lost
to betrayal and anger
thank you, for
the sting and the lesson
even though
You hurt me
I can be wiser now
Thank you

to you, Lost
to neglect and laziness
thank you, for
having once been there
even though
I think of you with regret
I’ll do better
Thank you

to you, Lost
to others and other commitments
thank you, for
having been mine
even though
You’re someone else’s now
I’ll cherish the memories
Thank you

to you, Lost
to death and dust
thank you, for
the joy and love
even though
I might be happier
I choose the scar
Thank you.                                       

to you, Lost
to life and living
thank you, for
being a part of mine
Even though
It’s sometimes too short
And sometimes painful
You were worth it

Thank you.

HCMD



No comments:

Post a Comment