Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ways I Could Lose You


Have you ever meditated on the male mantis
Feeding his female bride?
How he loses his head for her
And stays with her on the inside

There are so many ways I could lose you
But I have to hold you first
In my arms, and not just my heart
Then if need be I can let you go

Have you ever been bothered about the baby bird
Fall-flying out of the nest?
He's been pushed by his loving mum
Away from her downy red breast

There are so many ways I could lose you
But I have to hold you first
In my arms, and not just my heart
Then if need be I can let you go

Have you ever connected the lack of connection
When I am looking away?
When I've missed the chance to meet
With your eyes looking my way

There are so many ways I could lose you
But I have to hold you first
In my arms, and not just my heart
Then if need be I can let you go

Would you be just mine for a little while?
I will be yours forever.
I could bear every loss
If you would keep us together

There are so many ways I could lose you
But I have to hold you first
In my arms, and not just my heart
Then if need be I can let you go

No comments:

Post a Comment