Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Voices in the Night

I stood by my window and I looked out on the town and there
I saw among the simple a young laddie goin' down the street
As night was settin' headin' toward a house of ill renown and there
The woman came out to meet him in a lady-of-the-night gown
    She lurks at every corner in the streets and in the squares
    She's loud and she's a scorner off'ring to all her stolen wares.
Listen to the voices in the night of pathless choices
Wisdom is what God says- travel down His path of life.

She grabbed him and she kissed him and with saucy face she said that
She had come out for to find him and she had bedecked her bed
With perfumes silks and cinnamon and she was high-spirited
And hubby was gone from home just now so let us love she pled.
    She persuaded and seduced him with words smooth as a serpent's back
    He followed all of the sudden like a sheep unto the ax.
Listen to the voices in the night of pathless choices
Wisdom is what God says- travel down His path of life.

And then I heard it calling standing high above the city. It was
The voice of wisdom crying out to those whom she did pity
Come I have set my table now and have made the meal befit
Abandon your foolish way and live and at my table sit
    Choose rather my instruction instead of silver gold and gems
    I reward all them that seek me those that love me I love them
Listen to the voices in the night of pathless choices
Wisdom is what God says- travel down His path of life.

I left my house and wandered down the street into the night
Listening to the voices calling about me left and right
To come into their their houses and partake of stolen delight
But over them all is crying out the voice of truth and light
    Blessed are those who listen to pure wisdom's joyful voice
    But death waits for the foolish one who makes the carnal choice
Listen to the voices in the night of pathless choices
Wisdom is what God says- travel down His path of life.

http://badbadboypublications.bandcamp.com/track/voices-in-the-night#

No comments:

Post a Comment