Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Getting Into Shape or Working It Out

Everything
I do I do
For You.
But I don't want to.

Everything
I say is care
Fully calculated to
Not hurt you.

It does anyway.
My silence hurts too.

Every think
I think is thought
Thru the filter of
What your opinion
Might be.

I hold empty arguments with the Shade
Of who I think you are.

I have known
You so long
So well.
It hurts when you surprise me
In bad ways or good.

It takes two to Fight.
Only one to Stop Trying.

Still yoked
still dragging
in the Same direction but
Not in step.

Trying to match strides while
Eying each other askance.

It's hard on your back
And on your heart.

Everything
My entire life is shaped
Around you.

But I'm reading
Self-help books and
I'm eating right.
I'm exercising too.



By HCMD

No comments:

Post a Comment