Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

40 Days of Blogging Day 7: Holy of Holies


https://badbadboypublications.bandcamp.com/track/holy-of-holies

There she stood
Wanting a place with the worshipers
If she only could
She'd kiss every painted man's face
But only a virgin
Was worthy to enter that tomb of life
Alas of her innocence there was left no trace

Woe is me
For I am the chief of sinners
Woe is me
For I have seen the Lord
I cannot live without coming into his presence
With coals of the broom tree
I can be made flame at his word

There she prayed
She called out to the holy of holies
In whose womb was made
The only true lover of man
And she was born again
And able to bear God within her flesh
Enter the cave and with all the worshipers stand

Woe is me
For I am the chief of sinners
Woe is me
For I have seen the Lord
I cannot live without coming into his presence
With coals of the broom tree
I can be made flame at his word

She went out
Into the desert of Palestine
And she had no doubt
There she would be purified
And there she became
All unveiled the holy of holies
As in her virgin flesh the Lord was glorified

Woe is me
For I am the chief of sinners
Woe is me
For I have seen the Lord
I cannot live without coming into his presence
With coals of the broom tree
I can be made flame at his word


No comments:

Post a Comment