Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

40 Days of Blogging Day 17: Holiday Depression




Christmas will be a little sparse this year 
Not enough money with the holiday near 
But I want to give you something, my dear 
But you don't want what I can give this year 

All I have to give this Christmas is me 
It's the only thing available that's free 
But the packaging is poor 
And what inside's a little more 
Than you want for Christmas, 'cause it's me. 

I could try to make a gift from what I find 
And I'm sure it's something you won't mind 
But to whatever I give you you'll be blind 
But I know it's not the gift but me declined 

All I have to give this Christmas is me 
It's the only thing available that's free 
But the packaging is poor 
And what inside's a little more 
Than you want for Christmas, 'cause it's me. 

I want you to know that I do understand 
A gift that's only me is kind of bland 
But it's the only thing that I have on hand 
And I love you, maybe I'm something you could stand 

All I have to give this Christmas is me 
It's the only thing available that's free 
But the packaging is poor 
And what inside's a little more 
Than you want for Christmas, 'cause it's me.



All I had to give this Christmas was me 
I probably should have stayed under the tree 
But I put myself out there 
And tried to show I care 
Now there's nothing left but wrapping and debris 

I made a little gift with me inside 
I put some things in there I try to hide 
I should have let my fear become my guide 
But at least now I can say I really tried 

All I had to give this Christmas was me 
I probably should have stayed under the tree 
But I put myself out there 
And tried to show I care 
Now there's nothing left but wrapping and debris 

Disappointment was so plain upon your face 
I had hoped that there would be a little grace 
Your reaction really put me in my place 
I guess I'll go away and give you back your space 

All I had to give this Christmas was me 
I probably should have stayed under the tree 
But I put myself out there 
And tried to show I care 
Now there's nothing left but wrapping and debris 

Now I'm laying torn to shreds upon the floor 
I should have gotten something from the store 
'Cause I know that I am creepy and a bore 
If I had you I know I'd be a little more 

All I had to give this Christmas was me 
I probably should have stayed under the tree 
But I put myself out there 
And tried to show I care 
Now there's nothing left but wrapping and debris

No comments:

Post a Comment