Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

40 Days of Blogging Day 21: Gift Giving



I lay in bed and look around 
At all the things that I have found in gaily coloured boxes
Christmas, birthday, and surprise
All these presents Dad provides
He watches as I open them with pleasure in his eyes
And though I like the things he gave I finally realize

There's nothing in this room my father didn't buy
All the things that I hold dear were given to me in his love
There's no Thanksgiving long enough
No need for want or fear
My father's love I can't deny
For there's nothing in this room my father didn't buy

I walk around my house so full 
Of furniture and toys and tools and other things I've gotten
For some I've worked and some were gifts
Given by others to uplift
God watches me enjoy these things with pleasure in his eyes
And though I like the things God gave I finally realize

There's nothing in this room my father didn't buy
All the things that I hold dear were given to me in his love
There's no Thanksgiving long enough
No need for want or fear
My father's love I can't deny
For there's nothing in this room my father didn't buy

Though I leave for a far country
And spend all my dad's money to make it all by myself
There's nothing for me where I roam
Better to be broke and home
He watches me return to him with pleasure in his eyes
And though I like the things he gave I finally realize

There's nothing in this room my father didn't buy
All the things that I hold dear were given to me in his love
There's no Thanksgiving long enough
No need for want or fear
My father's love I can't deny
For there's nothing in this room my father didn't buy



No comments:

Post a Comment