Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

40 Days of Blogging Day 31: Idolatry



I flee from fondled bondage
To a reptilian king
To worship the Creator
Instead of everything
I run into the river
That boils me in cold blood
An angel sent from Heaven
Takes me through the flood

Oh God I need an angel
I can't escape the flame
The passion burns within me
My face burns with the shame
And oh God I need an angel
To keep me from the fall
Oh God I need an angel
To God damn them all

I wander in the desert
I burn with thirst and dust
I'm lost and I am lonely
Full of hunger and of lust
If I could find my own way
I'd die here in the heat
An angel sent from Heaven
Gives me God as drink and meat

Oh God I need an angel
I can't escape the flame
The passion burns within me
My face burns with the shame
And oh God I need an angel
To keep me from the fall
Oh God I need an angel
To God damn them all

I dwell here in this city
Of forgotten deities
Betrayed by the fifth column
And beaten to my knees
Oh God I need an angel
I've no strength to hold this sword
Oh God please send an angel
The Angel of the Lord

Oh God I need an angel
I can't escape the flame
The passion burns within me
My face burns with the shame
And oh God I need an angel
To keep me from the fall
Oh God I need an angel
To God damn them all


No comments:

Post a Comment