Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

40 Days of Blogging Day 39: Comfort



I've never really known hunger
I've never really known thirst
I've never really met a pain
Too deep to translate into verse
So I dedicate this number
To the ones who have it worse

I can't speak for you
But I can try to listen
I can't help you through
But I can be here when
You reach the other side
By my side

I've never really had nothing
And no bag to keep it in
My belly's never empty
My heart is always full of sin
But I'm trying to reach Heaven
If they let me they'll let you in

I can't speak for you
But I can try to listen
I can't help you through
But I can be here when
You reach the other side
By my side

I've never really known nothing
Or been completely unknown
I've never really been damned
By God upon his throne
I've always had my dreaming
And my pillow made of stone

I can't speak for you
But I can try to listen
I can't help you through
But I can be here when
You reach the other side
By my side

And when your suffering's over
And Hell's no longer hot
I'll come and take your place there
And give you my hallowed spot

I can't speak for you
But I can try to listen
I can't help you through
But I can be here when
You reach the other side
By my side

No comments:

Post a Comment