Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Day 5: Bread or Beer



I eat my bread when it stands upright in the cup
I like to drink my beer buttered thick
German toast is my all-time favorite breakfast food
It's that pilsner loaf that does the trick

Man cannot live by bread alone
Something has got to wash it down
Bread and beer, we need them here
Until we finally win the crown

It's not good to eat too much of beer or bread
Just enough to bring a little cheer
There is bread and spirit we need to fill up on
More important than our daily bread and beer

Man cannot live by bread alone
Something has got to wash it down
Bread and beer, we need them here
Until we finally win the crown

Dip your loaf together with me in the common cup
Eat with me as though we were one
We'll forge ahead until it is time for bottoms' up
We'll be carried home when we are done

Man cannot live by bread alone
Something has got to wash it down
Bread and beer, we need them here
Until we finally win the crown


No comments:

Post a Comment