Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day 9: Salt





Better a millstone hung around my neck
Than to live every day at the beck
And call of a sin that overwhelms me
Like the plunging sea
And pulls down the children to a lost eternity

I must be salted, salted with fire
Burn out every sinful desire
Amputate the flesh, pour salt on the wound
Let all sin be consumed on my funeral pyre

Burn out the garbage or be burned with the trash
The pain of the knife or eternally thrash
In the place prepared for the Devil's own fate
And for all God hates
Obedience will lead me to Heaven's gate

I must be salted, salted with fire
Burn out every sinful desire
Amputate the flesh, pour salt on the wound
Let all sin be consumed on my funeral pyre

Arise from the ashes - phoenix of grace
God in a body came and took my place
Jesus kept the whole law; took my punishment
His life was spent
To give his righteousness to hopeless men

I must be salted, salted with fire
Burn out every sinful desire
Amputate the flesh, pour salt on the wound
Let all sin be consumed on my funeral pyre

God will replace every torn out part
When you give him your burned up heart

No comments:

Post a Comment