Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Day 28: Kitchen Table



It was white with red lines and silver loops
My Great-Grandmother's kitchen table
I played under it when I was little
And it was still her table in her kitchen
And she was white with red and silver
We'd play Crazy 8's and Pachisi on top
Until only the table was left to us

It went with us from house to house
My Great-Grandmother's kitchen table
As our kitchen table where we ate
And we learned and worked and baked
Christmas cookies white red and silver
We'd play Crazy 8's and Pachisi on top
And the table was family to us

It fell off the back of a truck and broke
My Great-Grandmother's kitchen table
When my parents broke and split
And I was able to repair the table
That was still white and red and silver
We'd play Crazy 8's and Pachisi on top
Since it joined our family for a while

It's now back with my mother, her grand-daughter
My Great-Grandmother's kitchen table
And my mother is the age her Grandma was
When I used to play underneath it
We're all white with red lines and silver loops
We play Crazy 8's and Pachisi on top
Until only the table is left of us

No comments:

Post a Comment