Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Needing a Samaritan



I saw myself walking life's highway
A dangerous place to walk
Headed for the work of worship
The liturgy of living
For others that share this temple
And I saw a broken man
About to be worshiping in spirit
And I crossed myself and the road
And then oddly
I passed out of my sight

Oh, there, here I came again
I see vultures pecking and
I grasp my pectoral cross
Too late for a last unction
Too soon for a memorial
And I have another body
And blood to handle
And I crossed myself and the road
And then oddly
I passed out of my sight

I opened my eyes the slit I could
From the side of the highway
Where I was prostrating
And saw God's servants
Hurrying to serve God like
The profitable servants they were
And I realized I was the broken one
Who needed a Samaritan
And not my neighbors
I had already fallen among thieves

No comments:

Post a Comment